Wednesday 22 May 2013

24 hours.

My dearest...
There is always hope, light, life

As the sunsets and the beautiful blend of colors add another form of life to a sky seeming to close its curtains for the day we automatically recap the past 24 hours. Tonight, like any other night I do the same and just like any other day and like any other person on this planet the past 24 hours -- if I looked at each hour of it -- has been.... well, interesting.

For the first time we organized and implemented an Internship Day (Wow! I remember going to so many events in my life and never realized how much organizing and behind-the-scenes work goes into it). Looking back today, I will call it a success (with all its shortcomings) but I can't emphasize just how proud I am of the great team that did all the work. The effort, dedication and sacrifices of the other staff members made it all happen. It's a great feeling! And I am one lucky girl to be surrounded by so many amazing individuals at work.

Having said this other parts of the last 24 hours have not been so great, and that's fine. With the sound of the morning prayers echoing through a silent neighborhood, the sun welcoming a new day and the gentle cool, morning breeze will swipe with it the recent sorrows. I am sure.

Lots of love
Saza - I think my bed time these days is earlier than my neighbour's little kids!


5 comments:

  1. Hello there, inspiring, amazing, beautiful, young lady! I found your blogs today and I absolutely love them with all my heart. As a 16 year old Kurdish girl abroad, I'd like to say thay you inspire me SO MUCH. After reading a few posts I realized that you can do anything if you have education so therefore from now on I will try to do better in school!


    I have a few questions if you don't mind

    1. What do you do? like what is your job? it seems like you love what you do!

    2. What kind of education do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Anonymous...
      Now that you have landed on this online diary/ blog I hope you won't fly away!
      Thank you for the beautiful words. I have a degree in diplomacy, while education is critical and very important passion is also key....

      Delete
  2. of course I won't fly away, I will continue reading your blogs from now on!

    My first question might have been a bit too personal ( I asked what you work with/ what your job is) but I asked because it seems like you're always on new adventures and missions, helping people. If I get the chance, I want to do that too when I get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      as a (relatively) long time follower of Saz's blog, I can tell you that you can find out a bit about Saz's current and past jobs on her LinkedIn page.
      It also mentions two universities she's been at - for her undergraduate in Hewler and her Masters at Nottingham. She's already told you she studied political science and diplomacy.

      As you read her blog you'll see she also gives her time very generously to a number of other causes, in particular a rest home and an orphanage in Hewler. You might also want to check out her book, 'My Nest in Kurdistan', which is a collection of columns she wrote when she was not much older than you are now, and which gives some insight into how she got to where she's at now.

      Her blogs (and other writings) are well worth reading and quite inspiriational - I hope they're useful to you in your journey as well!

      Delete
  3. See Saz? I told you other people read this and not just me!
    The title of your post made me think of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHgjVMGQBQE

    ReplyDelete