Wednesday 1 May 2013

The Journey continues

Dearest,
The faces that make each day a delight at my work place

Sometimes I wish this phase of my life would pass in slow motion, because currently it is just like a sway of breeze passing by a little too fast to be captured and turned into words. Nevertheless, every encounter is having a great influence on me.

Not too long ago I became a certified Edward De Bono Trainer, hence the months--and years-- to come will be very interesting as I expected to train groups of individuals in different companies, institutions and offices. This means doing more of what I love- meet people, interact, learn and share what I have.

At work I am just getting used to playing the role of a boss --I actually don't like that word-- recently I came to realize that in the entire university I am the only female director, and the youngest of everyone else, not just directors but also the staff. Our VC pointed this out recently during a meeting we had with a third party. I never thought of it this way, and never did it occur to me that it would matter, however, since that meeting something inside me wants to strive harder. Much harder. As if, you want to prove yourself, not just yourself, but you want to prove that young people (23, in my opinion is still very young) in particular females can take on leadership roles and run an entire department. Something inside me wants to succeed in this job, just because I want those following me to also be young, vibrant and I am going to be biased her, I hope they are females!

I hope my words do not entail that everything is running smoothly, because it's not. Though I am lucky to belong to a work environment that I am very comfortable in. I always wished and dreamed that every morning I woke up I looked forward to the place that I was going to spend most of the rest of my day in. I can proudly admit at least four out of the five working days I look forward to my day!

Meanwhile, when there is any free time I transfer my focus and energy into writing my second book. This one is of a very different kind to the previous. I am excited.

Lots of love
Saza - Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment