Saturday 4 May 2013

Baby M.

Dearest.... *
Baby M few hours after his birth. 

I sit on my bed tonight, knowing this was a life changing weekend. Another little one opened his eyes into the world. I am going to take the time to blab a little bit in this post. So please bare with me.

S.I and I were class mates years ago, soon we became friends, then good friends and towards the final year of uni best friends. All of a sudden she was the one I spoke to the most, went out the most (we actually spent almost every February 14th together) and here it was, someone who understood me and my thoughts. Who believed and motivated me. Here was a friend who wished for my successes, advised me and always wanted and planned for the best for me. The years went past, we graduated, worked and for a while I had to leave but even in distance Skype, inboxes and emails wouldn't stop.

I remember the first time S.I. covered her face and spoke to me of someone special in her life, it was only days later, someone special had proposed, and not even weeks later, they were engaged. I arrived back for the big day (I can never describe the feeling of seeing your best friend in a white dress)... the point is I feel a part of every single step of this journey. I was far away when I heard the S.I was going to be expecting a baby in less than nine months time.

And this weekend, on Friday 3rd of May 2013 I saw someone who I would like to call my nephew. I couldn't hold back tears seeing S.I on the hospital bed but as soon as I looked into her eyes, I knew that look too well. The look in her eyes as she stared at her newborn (MY nephew) reminded me yet another time just how special life is.

I am excited for the days, months and years ahead. As I see Baby M grow. I look forward to passing by after work just to say hello to him. I look forward to his first smile, first clap, first few steps and his first word... just like his own mum. When we love those around us, we automatically love the ones that they love..

Good night
Saza - Hoping to be a cool aunt for Baby M.




* Not sure if there is one, or none, reading this blog. 

5 comments:

  1. Saz, you've still got at least one reader.

    It's kind of adorable to see how proud and even possessive you are of your friends and their babies. That foot is tiny!

    Given all the exciting things you're doing with your life, I have no doubt you'll be a cool aunty. I'm pretty convinced the secret to being a cool and interesting person is to do cool and interesting things - for example being the youngest female leader at UKH!

    I agree with you that the word boss isn't particularly nice - here's a picture I saw recently on the subject: http://imgur.com/lYcnND6 It illustrates the E M Kelly quote "a boss says 'go!', a leader says 'let's go!'". I have no doubts even from my very incomplete picture of your personality that you're more of a leader than a boss.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your next book. Any clues as to its subject? Any idea when it might be ready?

    Thanks for sharing, Saza, and I'll keep S.I and baby M in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, did you intentionally change your blogger name? It says you're called Maanisht?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words Amicus... glad to know one reader is out there :)
    I try. Can't say I always succeed but I am trying. As for the next book, the only clue I can give away that it is a proper novel, so very different to the previous one. But when it is coming out, how much I have written and how far through am I -- can't say.

    Thanks! I like to see myself as a cool aunty, and I am possessive of the little ones in my life, they are too pure, innocent and loving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I changed the name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little M will get introduced to "Uncle AK" soon enough when he grows up, I hope. S.I. promised that even when I'm far away, She'd let him know that Uncle AK is watching him grow from overseas. I'm happy for her. Wonderful words you've written!

      Delete