Sunday 5 August 2012

Happy. Just happy.

August 5, 2012.
My dearest reader.... (though I don't know if you will even bother to read this or not)

I am on a date. Yes. Tonight I had a date.

Next to the window, past 1 am. This might sound a tiny little bit cheeeeeezy but please try to understand. Right now I can still smell the soil after the harsh rain that came down tonight. Earlier I was by the window looking outside and feeling the rain touching my hands and cheeks. Inside the atmosphere was complete by the  light of a candle, the sound of Abdelhalim, a cup of cha and some kulicha that mum made me before I left. Tonight is definitely one of those nights where I feel happy. Complete happiness. Even though my date was (and will continue to be for the next 7 weeks) my dissertation paper.

I am far from home and loved ones. But a skype conversation with the brother and then one with daya and baaba followed by the greatest person of my life, all made me feel warm inside. True, I am far, true today I did nothing more than just go on a morning walk and spend the rest of the day in the walls of a little room (the library was closed) but somehow I feel that pure happines we so often speak of. The true happiness that does not come from material goods or selfishness or other desires.

Even though there is a million things I have to think of, a thousand things that need planning, a hundred things to do and tens of things I want.... but right now. Right here. Nothing matters more than that the simplest of things have managed to bring happiness to me. Life is beautiful. It is enjoyable. If only we expect less of it.

Yes I am happy. The dream continues. The journey doesn't stop.

Good night.

Saz.

1 comment: