Thursday 9 August 2012

The food of my soul


Thank you.
Dear…..
Reader, friend, anonymous, loved one, whoever you might be, in whatever corner of the world.

I am writing what could be the last compulsory submission in my academic life. The deadline is weeks away and I still feel very behind. The point is that it is a very stressful time.   

One of my good friends back in Hawler realized this, she told me "when you are climbing a mountain, and when you can see the top, and you are almost there- that is the hardest part, that is when you sweat more, that is when you know you are going to get there, but you also know to push your limits more than the entire journey." She is certainly right.

Things have never made me happy. Ever. But yesterday I was sent some flowers, it was least expected on a day as stressful as yesterday. But I must admit it did make me happy. I don't know if it was the thought behind it, or it was the flowers themselves. Somehow hope and optimism cheered my day up
.
Then again, flowers would make any human being in this planet happy. I could be all philospical right now and explain what a single flower means to me and what it resembles in my life. But instead I should wrap up and go back to the stacks of readings that are calling my name right now. Although,  "Bread feeds the body indeed, but flowers feed the soul." And when my soul is full my mind begins to function better and my heart can cope more!

Good night my dearest,

Saza  - a little tired.


1 comment:

  1. that who sent you flowers did not have to think far or deep because only a flower deserves flowers

    ReplyDelete