Friday 10 August 2012

Traits.

I like to think, imagine, dream but I also implement,

Dear....

I really don't know who I am writing to you, but I know I want to say something.

It is past 4 am. I am not asleep because of an incident that took place today.

From the research and readings I do in my spare time I have become familiar with different personality traits and characters. I tend to be the type of person that can get a long with many people no matter how different they maybe. In my life I have come across many people, most of whom have been incredible. In fact nearly all of them. Maybe I like to bring out the best of people when they're with me, simply because I have come to believe every person in their own way are great. Having said this, there are some traits I admire more  than others.

For example, I admire a person who can stand up and make decisions for themselves; a person who has high self esteem. I have learned it is those with low self esteem who show flaws in their personalities, it is those who are bold enough to make decisions for themselves, who know what they want in life and who have aims set so that they can achieve are examples of great people. These are the individuals that I like to surround myself with.

I simply believe we reach a stage in life where we are wise enough to stand up and make decisions for ourselves no matter how small or big. This doesn't mean we don't take the advice of others, but sometimes being the leader of your own path is an achievement of its own.

Good night

Sazan - 

7 comments:

  1. Confidence is great, as long as it is tempered with wisdom. Thoughtful and humble, yet confident: that is what's really attractive.

    Everyone has flaws and failures, but acknowledging that about yourself doesn't make you weak; hiding from that makes you weak. How you confront and utilize your strengths AND weaknesses demonstrates your true strength of character.

    Also: Make sure you get enough sleep! I know from experience how much effort a dissertation takes, and it will be twice as hard if you're exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      Just as when I thought I am writing to no one but myself it feels good to know someone, in some corner of the world is reading. Even if once every month.

      I believe true confidence and true self esteem will never lead to arrogance. As for weaknesses, I am never afraid or shy from saying them out loud.

      Dissertation is taking lots of effort but I am enjoying it..... sleep is little these days!

      thank you again

      Delete
  2. The more i read your writing the more i feel attached to every word you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear reader,
      Thank you. I guess you feel attached because I write exactly what's in my heart and mind and as if I am writing to myself.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes is so hard to make a decision...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decisions are never easy. But my question is why let someone else make the decision for us? ........

      Feels good that you're reading tasbih - cha , which reminds me that I have something for mandalawi.blogspot which I am sure you will love.

      Delete
    2. I am reading both plus anything in any magazines, like Kurdish Globe.

      No, i never let anyone to decide for me - even if i was a kid i was rebel if it comes to that issue :) - you should see what headache teachers had with me at school :)

      Delete