Monday 6 August 2012

The people in my life

Dearest reader (seems like this time I am writing to absolutely no one. I don't think there is anyone reading this)......

Morning walk after seeing my supervisor
You know what I am thinking? I am thinking how is that all those around me are such wonderful people. All those in my life have influenced me in positive ways. All those who I am close to give me this positive energy that keeps me going.

I believe every person is a great person inside, all those individuals that we think we can never get along with, we can... if only we understood them more, if only we put ourselves in their shoes, if only we gave them the chance to prove themselves.... if only we somehow managed to bring out the best in them.

Life is only great when you are surrounded by great people. Nothing else matters, nothing else is important. You can have your dream job, drive the most amazing car, live in a posh suburd and be dressed in designer clothes from top to bottom but if in your life you don't have a group of people who you can sit down and laugh with, if you don't have someone to call when you're down, if you don't have someone to watch the sunset with, if you don't have someone who will listen to you complain and another whose shoulders you can cry on, if you don't have people who will come and cook soup for you when you're unwell then all the things that you do have is not worth. What good is the house, car and job going to do?

I maybe wrong in thinking this way. This way of thought may not get me a long way in life... but I always find myself happiest and feeling richest when I am surrounded by those individuals or when I see or hear or read of a deed of those people. It is enough that every night in this little room so far from home so many people come to my mind who I miss. That alone means the world to me.

My life is worth living because of the people in it.
You too, look around you. I am sure there are a few people there who you can never imagine your life without. If you don't have those people, than my dear reader you are missing out on the most important thing in life. Search till you find.

Good night.

Saz.

3 comments:

  1. Of course there are people reading along Sazan! You're an inspirational person and watching you confront your struggles and discuss your feelings openly helps a lot of people who aspire to do their part to change the world. I'd love to hear a bit about what your dissertation is on.

    I absolutely agree that it is people that make life worth living. I have travelled fairly extensively, but the places I remember the most fondly are always the places where I have made the best connections with people - be they locals or my travelling companions. As a non-Kurd, this is probably one of the things that makes Kurdistan so appealing to me.

    I know exactly where I'd put you on your brother's scale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous...

    How I wish I knew who you were. Who is reading the words of just one individual in this world who is doing nothing more than just going through life. Thank you for your words. My dearest, yes, Kurdistan opens its arms to many people.... the people of my nation- meet them for ten minutes and you will feel like you have known them for ten years!

    As for my dissertation- I am doing my research on the diplomacy in Kurdistan. I will make sure when it is done I write about. I promise.

    Wish you a great day. One full of laughter, smiles and success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is that one day - and this day will come, coz there is no other way - i will have to leave the people who are now the foundaments of my life, the walls around me and the roof over my head. And i cant imagine how i will live without them...

    ReplyDelete