Sunday 26 August 2012

I dared me.

Dearest...
Only to think I was in one of those seats
I was shocked by surprise today, someone asked me why I hadn't written here in so long. Yes, someone actually noticed I haven't been writing.

Well. You are expecting to read something like another one of my nights (3:24 am now) some slow music, lots of tea and a dissertation. Well you are right, but what you don't know is that I did something exciting, daring and scary this week. I thought my body, mind and heart needed it. I went on a trip to Alton Towers with a group of friends.

The always afraid Saza who always used to take pictures when her friends were on the rides this time decided to sit down, buckle up and try everything. I needed to make up for my so many days of doing nothing but researching.

Thank God for the 45-minute long queues before each ride I had the time to read to myself as much of the Quraan I knew by heart as I possible. I looked in into the sky and asked God to look after me. I literally felt like I am walking to death. My sweet group of friends would look at me with sympathy thinking "Can she really do it?" although I must admit they fooled me into all the rides saying "it's for kids."  

When I was actually in the ride, I would pray, scream, call out for "Mummy" and yell out "I hate you all" to the friends with me.

I came back sick, dizzy, tired, my vocal chords torn, and my heart had probably moved out of place. But despite all this I loved it. In fact, every single one of those rides I would compare to our own life. It turns you upside down, inside out, fast and slow and there are many surprises along the way but in the end you are somehow safe! I felt something I hadn't felt before.

I really needed that trip... I discovered in myself a daring side that I didn't think I had. If your life is also a routine right now, if you think you're lazy and doing nothing else but being infront of the laptop then dare yourself and do something exciting! Trust me on this one!

Good night,

Saza - stressed, but smiling


6 comments:

  1. That makes me so happy that you tried something unusual for you ...
    And you are totally right , life is like a roller coaster When it starts to move you can never stop it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read, Sazan xan and i will read, but i cant promise you my comments, coz my only hope - truskay hiwa, runaki jiyanm died on Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My condolences Kulka, I hope you'll be ok.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, i am going to Kurdistan next march and i will be ok there, but at the moment is a little bit hard.

      Delete
  3. Saza, that's awesome! It sounds like you had a great time. It's amazing what fun life can be when we take calculated risks. I laughed at your description of shouting at your friends while on the rides!
    I had thought you must be so engrossed in your dissertation that you didn't have time to write anything for us. It's good to hear that you're still making progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how busy we are in life, sometimes there is no excuse and we have to make time for certain things. Time for writing to loyal readers, time to do something different and unique and time for loved ones. Time is always short, but we need to know how to use it wisely! I used my time wisely, and here I am back home! :)

      p.s. I used to read the comments back in the UK, sometimes while I was in the buses or trains, other times while on my evening walks... but now I am reading them again :)

      Delete