Friday 31 August 2012

11 months & 11 days

We have cha together & talk.... distance can't get between
us
My dearest.. who ever you are, where ever you are,

Dissertation is going well, as stressful as it is I am enjoying it. Tonight it is 11 months and 11 days I have left home to begin this journey! On September 20, 2011 I spread my wings.

If I know something for sure, is that I could have never ever come this far without the love, support and encouragement of some very special people in my life.

Believe it or not, every morning I wake up to little good morning messages on the BlackBerry, I wake up and there are at least two or three short emails from my mum and an inbox or two in facebook.

I wake up, and as I am having breakfast (let's be honest: lunch)  I listen to voice notes of the girls -- two of them -- singing to me! Then there is another friend who is always updating me and makes sure to get me our of any stressful mood. Throughout the day there is little emails going back and forth- sometimes pictures, memories other times conversations. When I am on Skype someone always says hi, someone is always asking about the dissertation.

Someone is always asking if I have eaten well, if I have slept well and if I am okay. What else could I want? Is there anything greater than this in the world? It is true I am the one who is receiving this degree, but it is these people in my life who deserve it more.... they are the fuel behind me. I miss them. I love them. In fact this journey, 11 months and 11 days has taught me just how lucky I am to have these individuals in my life.

Shaw Bash!
Saza - feeling too special

2 comments:

  1. Yes, thats right. You are lucky indeed. I know that very well. I know that coz i am the person who dont have anyone. Nobody cares about me. And now i only wonder if it is ever possible for the human to get used to something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kulka
      Please don't say you dont have anyone. We all have someone, or some people! Just takes time for them to appear in our life.

      Delete