Saturday 11 August 2012

Succeed then Sleep

Dear....
The reminder on my table. 
Someone somewhere,

Today was not the greatest day that it could have been. But go to sleep tonight having learned many lessons.  I spent a lot of time in the sudy room on my dissertation. It is going well, but well for me is not enough right now, however my message to you tonight is that the feeling of achieving something before you sleep is beyond what words can describe.

Since the first days of my MA degree till now I have a sign on my table that says "Don't sleep till you succeed." I love the nights when  I can put my head on the pillow and think of the one thing that I did that day that makes me proud. I like to remind myself: "today was worth living because...."

Any way, I will go to sleep looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning for a new day. At the same time it feels good that 11 hours of study had some decent results.

Good night - Always remember: Don't sleep until you succeed.

Saza- missing loved ones

4 comments:

  1. You are driven to an extent that puts me to shame. I am sure your dissertation will be excellent.
    I still think 4am might be a bit beyond the call of duty though :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to set a target for each day. I try my best to reach that target before I sleep, if I don't then I am tossing and turning in bed till early morning hours. :(

      Delete
  2. I am becomeing more and more lazy!!! I dont know how to fight with that. Maybe i should blame my age? :)
    Seriously speaking - i feel like i dont have enough energy to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very normal. You know what? you are mentally telling yourself that you're tired and you don't have energy!

      You need to teach your brain that you are healthy, strong and happy... try it!! :)

      Delete