Tuesday 4 December 2012

Happy moments

In Cairo, felt like I was walking in my history book
To my dearests, I actually think there is two of you who almost always read and there is my pen pal in India who passes by when she has time

Any how...
Have you ever asked yourself "am I happy?" Do you realize how sometimes we bring upon ourselves stress and sadness when we can easily avoid it. In my recent trip to Cairo I got the chance to go and sit by the Nile under the moon, the following day I visited the Pyramids. While there are many things in Egypt that I can criticize I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed my time.

I loved talking to people, asking questions, and discovering the culture.  I loved going places and having new experiences, no stress, no worries, just listening, observing, discovering. Could that have been pure happiness? Then again at the back of my mind I was always thinking of people, I felt something was missing, I wanted certain people to be with me and enjoy the moments I was enjoying. 

Happiness, my dear friend is what we make it to be. For me, happiness is not the ideal way of life, but a feeling that you can bring to yourself. A point where your mind and heart are at ease. 

I doubt many things, but there is one thing I know for sure: happiness is not and will never be materialistic based. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, we made a big progress - from two readers to three :))) - it should be an option here showing how many view the article had (let me guess - you have this option and you know there is more than three).

    Well, when you talked about the happiness which is a feeling in a moment of life - yes, i have it - just for example: in 2011 on Newroz in Shanadar Park when i watched the flames of big fire on the top of cave burning higher and higher (cant describe this feeling, like the one when i saw Qalla at night for the first time). This year it happened that i was standing on a empty road somewhere behind Shexan toward Lalish, with no signal in my mobile, alone, no houses, no cars, no people - i looked around, i saw the beutiful mountains and on,ly one thought came to my head (and it wasnt: Oh, my God, what i shell do now?) - it was: This is Kurdistan - and straight away my heart was filled with warm, joy and pride. Campi Maxmur, when i eat dinner with Gerilla... Qandil, when completly strange people called to me and invite to eat with them (also on Newroz)... Slemanyi, when i sit with young kurdish patriots, whom i knew maybe 2 hours, in their Govari Hawdem office, with little smora jumping on us... But also with Kurds in UK, whom i also knew just few hours, in the tent set up in solidarity with hunger strike... Yes, i know what does it mean to feel happy. Thanks Sazan - i didnt realize...

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are always more important than places.

    I'm pleased you had a good time, and I hope your campaign against domestic violence is going well. I bet you have plenty more than two readers, just two who regularly take the time to comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kulka - It says I have thousands of hits, for some reason I don't believe the number.

    You prove that happiness can come from the simplest of things. Sometimes its important to remind ourselves of what it is that really makes us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amicus - the campaign is going great. I will write a few articles about it in the local papers and will make sure I post the links!

    Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete