Saturday 22 December 2012

Life. Wounds. And everything in between

My dearest reader,

Life is beautiful. Google image. 
It is true when they say the years are passing swiftly, and it is all days of our lives that is gushing in front of our eyes. It is true every year you have a birthday it is not just a number going up, it is not just a celebration of that lucky day when you came into the world, my dearest reader it is much more... much much more. 

For me, recently I have learned every year, everyday, every week and every hour we become wiser. Every experience and every encounter that may happen adds to our personalities. Of course, you would be naive to think all these experiences are happiness, joy and great success. No, my dearest, most of these experiences are the exact opposite. 

I did not realize, but I have come to embrace every experience and see the positive side of everything (seems like reading all those Coelho posts and books is actually having an impact) sometimes in life you need to reach a point where you can laugh at what puts you down, where that gush of wind hits you hard and you fall badly on your knees-- and you get injured too-- but you manage to stand up, keep walking, crawling or running while healing that wound of yours. 

So, if you feel like you've got a wound stand up right now. Don't run, crawl if you have to, but move forward and heal that wound YOURSELF. 

Have a great day
Saza


1 comment:

  1. Saz, it sounds like you're going through a rough time, but whatever it is, I have confidence that you'll get through it and come out an even stronger person. I'd offer you a hug, but I don't think that's strictly kosher :P

    I do have one little point to disagree with you on, though - while we do need to be self-reliant and put in our own effort to heal our wounds, it is foolish to ignore the healing power of community - friends and family - walking with you. I know you have some great friends around you - not only from your studies, but also in nursing homes and orphanages. And I know your family is extremely supportive. While it doesn't absolve you of taking responsibility for yourself, nevertheless you will always heal best in community.

    Also, I saw your TED talk, and it was great. Really lovely to hear about your experiences, even if I did already know a lot of it from your book and blogs :) And you looked stunning in your Jli Kurdi. You are such a natural presenter and communicator.

    Happy Christmas Saza.

    ReplyDelete