Tuesday 11 December 2012

One simple question.

To the dearest two reading this + AS.

A close friend of mine, who I believe is going to be the next big philosopher whose books will be read and studied by our grandchildren, sent me a random message on the BlackBerry two nights back which read exactly this: Sazzz have you ever asked yourself why do we love the people we love? With lots of stress, some misery of my own and piles of papers, and files on my bed and a laptop trying to finish off something I was working on this question came at the wrong timing. So, I am going to reply to her here. 

I believe in many of our preferences in life we have underlying reasons. However, when it comes to love I think it is a different matter. 

[I just wrote a loooooong essay response to this, then highlighted it all and pressed BACK SPACE on the keyboard] A.S let me give you one simple quote: "Love is a serious mental disease."  Hope this answers your question. 

3 comments:

  1. No question that starts with 'why' can ever be limited to just one answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i asked a lot of times. But i had generally the one answer: true love doesnt need the reason, because love is the reason itself. If you asking - why i love this person? It maight mean that its not pure love. Of course sometimes there are reasons - but the best way to check is to ask yourself - would i still love if there would be no such a reasons?

    I dont know how long your essey was, but i suppose i could write longer on that matter :)))

    PS sometimes i press some keys on my keyboard - i even exactly dont know which one, just by mistake (or maybe a combination of keys) and i also put a big parts of text in a bin :) - so welcome in a club :) - something like that can makes you angry like a hell, wa niya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kulka & Amicus - thanks for the support!!!! My two amazing blog readers.

    ReplyDelete