Tuesday 25 December 2012

Don't be afraid.

Have you ever made a decision that you didn't like?

Have you ever felt situations force you to take a certain route?
Have you ever felt like forget emotions, I must make this decision to get to what I want?

The problem with having a strong personality and a presence is that you can't accept being walked on. You can't accept others leading and you following. You were not brought up to be bossed around, but you are brought up to make decisions for yourself, make your own plans for the future, and take responsibility for your own actions.

Make a rational decision. If those around you are also rational than they will take on your decision, if they loved and cared about you then they will listen to what you want. If they didn't then be sure you made the right choice by being rational. Because only when you make such decisions will you know if those around you really care or not.

I admire those who stand up for what they want.






4 comments:

  1. Especially when it's difficult, you need to stand up for what you believe is right. You're a born leader, Saz, and that means having to make bold and lonely decisions. But it also means that you can make a real difference in the world and that you will be (and are already) admired by many people all around the world. Stick to your guns Saza, you'll get through.

    I'd be careful talking about behaving rationally though. Even the smartest person can do things which are mindbogglingly stupid sometimes. Let me quote you one of my favourite authors, Scott Adams:

    "I find great humour in the fact that we ever take ourselves seriously. We rarely recognise our own idiocies, yet we can clearly identify the idiocies of others. That's the central tension of business:

    We expect others to act rationally even though we are irrational.

    It's useless to expect rational behaviour from the people you work with, or anybody else for that matter." (The Dilbert Principle, p.7)

    Surround yourself with people you trust to tell you when they think you're making a mistake, and be prepared to check your reasons. If you still think it's right, then stand for what you believe in - no matter how difficult.

    Hang tight Saza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amicus,
      Thank you. Decision was made. I guess a downside of my personality is when I put something in my head and I decide to go through with it, it is often hard to stop myself, I might think it is rational and well thought out while others don't. No harm done. Proud of the step I took! :)

      Delete
  2. Well, sad to say that but still in Kurdistan a lot of women are not allowed to make any decisions for themselves except what to cook for the dinner...

    ReplyDelete