Tuesday 8 January 2013

Perfect Day


And the most perfect gift thanks to HS
My dearest reader (two or three of you out there...)

What is the perfect day? Can you define it? Can you think of a day that was perfect? 

Today, if I had to describe my day in just one word then it would be "perfect." Yes. A day that was just perfect in every possible way. It was day two of a new path in my life, the start of a career, and I must admit seems like I might have landed on my dream job in a team of amazing people. 

I received a little letter from a dear one -- yes, a hand written letter. I am so glad there are still people in this planet who take the time to hand write a letter. So much more special--right? And I received the perfect book mark as a gift. 

It was a busy (but very fruitful) day with lots of smiles. A surprise birthday for one of our colleagues, a few brief meetings, a new project underway, two articles to write. In between all this, I receive an email from SD in India with updates on my Indian niece which alone was enough to make me smile for the rest of the day. 

The drive back home was a little dark, but it was under beautiful rain. Home with my parents, in front of the television. Dad with his newspapers, mum watching TV, and me on the internet (and since it is a perfect day, the wireless has a full signal) updating something on Mandalawi - I was about to make tea when the bell rang a dear one joined the family gathering. 

Perfect. At times like this I just have to thank God for everything. Of course there was stress, of course there is a lot on my mind, and life is far from perfect. But we can decide for a day to be perfect through our eyes. 

Saza - Wishing you a perfect day

[I wrote this yesterday, but I didn't realize it was saved but not published]




No comments:

Post a Comment