Thursday 10 January 2013

The hidden message

To my dearest Reader - or maybe readerS,

Woke up to snow for the first time
It is Thursday afternoon. There were so many commitments that I could have made, but I chose the best option. While the entire family is out, I decided to spend my Thursday evening at home. My life is always busy, there is always something going on even though I often like being alone or to have a quiet evening with my thoughts. 

A person dear to my heart flew away,
flew before the sky had a chance to appear with it's morning colours,
flew away and left behind what I love most in this world,
it was as though dear one was sending letters from the sky

The snow in our little garden was like icing sugar sprinkled on cake, 
I felt like I opened my eyes in fairy land. 

It can't be a coincidence. Could it? How is it that I sleep upset and wake up full of hope, and life despite the fact that I know somehow the place I live in won't be the same for a while. 

I love it how those close to me, those who  I love, those who matter manage to make my heart smile and wipe my tears no matter where they are... even when in the sky. Even without saying a word. 

Saza - Living my days as if it was a miracle. 

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for having a rest - recharging for your days ahead. I see you've started work at UKH - can you tell us a bit more about what exactly you're doing there?

    Nice to see snow in Hawler. It was snowing in Slemani when I visited a couple of years ago, so I have good memories of that kind of weather in Kurdistan. On the other hand, I'm kind of terrified of facing the Kurdish summer!

    People are always what matter most, and we feel that most keenly when they leave us, even only briefly. I know you'll be keeping busy, so time will fly past and your friend will be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear one is lucky to have you thinking of them in such a way

    ReplyDelete