Friday 25 January 2013

Joy

Little Miss S
Dearest...

In my room right now I have my father's friend's daughter... she is such a beautiful little girl.

A few days back she had a test so her parents brought her over and  together we learned the names of some animals and whether they fly, swim, walk or run. Apparently today she told her father she wouldn't complete her homework unless she came to me.

As little miss S is at my desk writing her homework (the alphabet basically) and me, sitting on my bed, I smile coming to realize just how much I have learned from a little girl. Her innocence, her smile, her purity, her love

I think even my parents look forward to hearing the door bell ring and see little S being dropped of at our house, she comes in her cute pink outfit, her textbook and pencil case in her hands. They both walk to the door and welcome her (I love watching dad spoiling her).

Children bring a form of joy that I can't describe. I wish tonight Little Miss S stays with me, I wish I can read her a bed time story, tuck her into bed, and watch her sleep. But soon her parents will come and pick her up....

Saza, (She has been working quietly, I have some music on.. you know my taste of music from the time before I was born. She looks at me, raises her eye brows and smiles. "Shall I turn it off?" I ask, she nods.)


1 comment:

  1. Mali Xanda, a baby who needs heart surgery, and now Miss S... You're great with kids Saza- you'll make a tremendous mother one day!

    ReplyDelete