Monday 4 February 2013

My VIP

Dearest reader (A.S. since you promised you would read)
Me, during one of my happiest moments (last week)

For any 23 year-old girl in my part of the world I am pursuing a dream career full of life, action, people and what better than being the "Boss".

But my dream?
No. Not an ambassador, not a PM, not some VIP (why do we have Very Important People anyway, aren't all people just as important). My dream, years down the track is to be able to wear my jeans, get into a simple top and go out and work with people who are vulnerable.

I want to write their stories and speak their voices. I want to live their life. I want to research their lives. I want to teach and pass their story to others.

I love people. To be precise, I love simple people. I love listening to people. I love smiling, and talking and asking questions. I love learning about people. For each individual can be a school, each individual is special, and each one is a VIP.

Maybe this is why when ever I feel I am becoming too stressed, and too carried away with everything that is going on in this world I dress in what comforts me and make my way to one of these VIPs.

For now good night

Saza- In the weeks to come I will tell you more about the VIPs of my heart


2 comments:

  1. You're always so pessimistic about your readership! We're still here- lurking, reading, being inspired :)

    I can't help but think that your attitude, your lack of pretension, and your love for ordinary people is exactly what the world needs in its politicians and 'VIPs'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalawr Chalabi5 April 2013 at 07:51

    Really nice and I loved that we have too many VIPs on all cases....actually your article touched my heart and I wish all people could feel the same humanity which I do now when read the article....well done Saza!

    ReplyDelete