Thursday 21 February 2013

The Perfect Moment

Reading Paulo Coelho, Aleph
Dearest...

(sometimes I feel like I am writing to myself, but that's okay.)

Today I felt unwell, and usually when I feel a little down or unwell I do actually take care of myself. So, I didn't go to work. In fact, believe it or not, I didn't even leave the premise of our house (I did go to the garden outside, but that is still home). It felt great.

I actually had time and energy in me to sit with mum and dad to laugh and talk and "catch up" in front of the TV in our living room. Only after I Facebook-ed the picture on the right did it occur to me how precious the day was.

I managed to do some research, a little bit of writing, started reading a new book (Paulo Coelho's Aleph) and had long conversations with mum and dad during all this. Didn't do anything grand, didn't put in much effort but I definitely advice you to give yourself the chance to do nothing, give yourself a day a week where your diary doesn't have anything written in it. A day a week with absolutely no plans, just go with the flow. Do what your heart and mind want you to do. And as I always say, please, oh please, take the time to enjoy the simplest of things in life. Believe me they bring the greatest joy!

Saza - LL! Love Life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment