Monday 18 February 2013

Special Moments

Dearest reader,
The best moments...

Do you ever ask yourself: "What are my best moments?"

I ask myself this question almost everyday. On Saturday I was invited at the house of one of my closest friends, B.R., her mum had cooked the most amazing food (since she is my friend, [un]surprisingly her cooking skills aren't perfect! Phew! I am not the only Kurdish girl with talent in burning down a kitchen and cooking up un-edible food) and the gathering was amazing.

What I loved most was after lunch we sat on the floor with our cha (tea) and gulabarozha as we spoke (everything from politics and how to bake a cake) I would look to my right, to my left and to those sitting in front of me. Each brilliant in her own way, each an inspiration, each a role model and each chasing a dream. These four woman have amazing hearts and are gifts sent from God to this earth.

It was a simple gathering, but the meaning was beyond what words could write. I felt I am myself and I didn't feel pressured to act or speak a certain way. I felt safe, loved and more importantly I felt I was around individuals who cared for me. We have come to live in a world where most of the time you deal with people who dislike you. People who only hope for your failure, who are washed with selfishness. To feel you're surrounded with pure hearted individuals is indeed special.

Life is not always perfect, in fact it is never perfect. But when we manage to enjoy these simple things it eases a lot of everyday stress that knocks on our door, and enters without permission.

Saza - Listening to Quraan is the medicine to my tough days! It brings a calmness, and hope. 

1 comment:

  1. just the perfect words i need right now!! and yes there are so many people that wish to see our failure but with such a lovely people just like the people you mentioned we can climb the highest mountain . i feel very relieved to know that im not the only one who is surrounded by haters .. thank you for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete