Tuesday 3 September 2013

Updates

Dearest..

It has been a while.

No. It is not that I had nothing to write or I was busy, in fact yes I was busy, but that is not the reason why I haven't written. There is so much going on. Day by day this wold disappoints me more and more and here I am with some amazing people doing my best to fix or help in fixing the little cracks I see. At least it makes me feel better.

What shall I write to you about?
Shall I tell you about the kids at the orphanage? Or shall I share with you the stories of the youth at the refugee camp? Shall I speak of the girls who wish to go back to their studies but are spending their days in a tiny tent with six other people? Shall I speak of the conditions of disabled people or the neglect of the old and sick?

My mind goes a million places every second. Sometimes I ask myself how it is that I can still smile and enjoy my days while taking in the suffering of all these people who I see in my daily life.

We spent some days at the refugee camp. One day, we left the camp to go to Duhok. I had taken in all that had happened in the previous days and stayed very strong. The second the doors to the car closed, and it was only the driver and my two colleagues (also trainers) I could no longer hold it in, all the way to Duhok I just cried. Like a baby I cried, because I couldn't fool myself, Saza could not change what she wanted to change. This time Saza could not.

On a daily bases I kept a diary in the camp, I will type them out and post them on the blog.

For now shawshad
Saza - I can't change the world. I know I can't. But at least I can try. 

3 comments:

  1. Saza, the fact that there are people like you who work themselves to tears trying to help other people gives me hope for the world. It makes me wish I could be there working alongside, sharing the burden. Be strong, and know you've got support from loyal blog readers all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amicus...

    Thank you for your words. Funny you say this, because guilt knocks on my door every now and then and tells me I still have a lot more I can do and I should do... but I am not.

    Thanks again Loyal Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - there's always more one could do, but as with much of life, I'm pretty convinced the balanced, slow-and-steady approach is the best. Don't feel guilty, keep feeling love and keep telling the world about it - you'll inspire others to do the extra work!

    ReplyDelete