Saturday 14 September 2013

Before I say goodnight

Dearest,

Just wanted to come by and say alhamdulilah* for everything in my life.

The highlight of my day? SK and I went to a few places, I won't give details. But once I got back home it really hit me the difference between wealth and poverty; the high and low class. I have always taken note, and I hope I have never ignored the fact that even my own society is unfair--and probably my own living standards--but today I saw two worlds right after the other. Yet so different from one another.

I just wish I don't become the sort of person who can live only in one world and forget the other. We don't count or realize out blessings until we see the lives of others. You know what's weird? We call people that are not well off financially 'less fortunate' but I have truly come to believe that they are not less fortunate. The real 'less fortunate' people are those who are well off and decide not to look at those under them or those behind them.


Lots of love
Saza - I miss two things: 1. Pura Gulizard at the elderly people's home and Mam Khalil and his teashop.

p.s. Today marked three months since I said "I do."


*The International word (Islamic word I guess) for thanking God, Allah.


1 comment:

  1. "I do"? Like wedding bells and white dresses? You kept that very quiet! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete