Wednesday 10 July 2013

Welcome Ramadan 2013

Dearest... (if anyone is actually reading this)
Me, today's morning prayers

Work place is basically empty, but I am enjoying this to clear up paperwork, get the office tidy and clean and sparkly. The plus side is instead of leaving 4:30 or 5 pm since it's Ramadan we can leave at 1:30. HOW GREAT!! I can actually plan my afternoons!!

I may not come out as the most religious girl and I definitely don't have the in-depth information about Islam or its history. Having said this I am a firm believer in Allah, in afterlife, in the pillars of Islam etc. I love the fasting (though me being already underweight always stirs up conflict between Le Family who make a clear argument that I can't fast. Already got two calls saying if I am hungry I should just eat and God will forgive me. Daaah I am hungry!! That's the purpose. And no I will not eat.)

So, back to what I was saying. I love the spiritual feeling, the prayers, the extra reading of the Quraan the sound of the Quraan at 2:30 am this morning at our place was amazing and then iftar with family.

All this aside, but the most precious thing about Ramadan to me is that in the past few years I have been  wearing a hijab during that time. The other times during the year I do not wear a hijab, you can find me in jeans and t-shirt or a medium length skirt or a dress every now and then. However, every time I am out with the veil on my head during the holy month (today included) for some reason I feel much more confident and powerful.  

This is going to sound very cheezzzzyy, but even when I gave a final look into the mirror before I left home today I must admit I loved myself more than any other day.

For now, in this holy month I pray for peace and good health of all my loved ones, I pray for a peaceful world and I pray for every vulnerable man, woman and child to be given inner strength to be stronger than their circumstances.

Lots of love
Saza - sitting behind my computer at work with a very very very messy desk and it is dead quiet. Wow. I never imagined this place without all the faces that I am used to seeing here. I miss them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment