Monday 15 July 2013

In my heart, in my thoughts

Me in the Domiz Refugee camp
Dearest..

Not a single day passes that I don't think of the young people I worked with in the refugee camp in Domiz. I feel uncomfortable, upset, disgusted and guilty returning back to Erbil to my normal life and... and... well, I should be back there!

I did promise I would visit again- didn't I?

When I am sitting at the office, running around the campus or doing whatever it is that my daily life requires me to do, I am constantly seeing and hearing the smiles, tears and words that took place during my stay. I watched individuals change, I read their feedbacks at the end of each day my hands shaking and my eyes full of tears as they had written how we brought back hope to their life, when in fact they did. One person stood up and said "I had had enough this last ten days, I was proper depressed, I feel reborn now." This is just one of the many examples... I want to go back, I want to keep doing training with the youth there until a solution is found to their issues.

Anyway for now good night,

Saza - . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment