Monday 5 November 2012

Love yourself

special.
Dearest anonymous readers...

Every night I have something to think of while I am reading my book in bed, until my eyes dose and I fall asleep.

Don't get me wrong. I love these thoughts. Inside my petite body, and behind my smile are thoughts as high as mountains and as deep as oceans.

How is it that no one knows what's going on inside our minds and hearts but us? Sometimes I wish people knew how I thought and what I felt. It would make life so much easier I think. I wish they knew it without me having to say it. Simple as that. Maybe this is because I know of my good intentions, or maybe it is because I don't like explaining myself, or maybe I don't like being misunderstood.

This reminds me of one of the training I did for youth, we spoke about loving yourself and who you are. I was preaching that, but for nights on end I questioned whether I actually practice it. After so long, I did come to a conclusion.

I love myself because of the way I think. The way I see the world.  The way I see people. The love and respect I have for individuals, places and things. I love myself for every time I set myself a goal I go through a lot of hardship to reach it, I love myself for being a dreamer, a believer... I love myself for I have managed to surround myself with the greatest friends. You too, think of it. And come to love yourself. But don't love selfishly.

Saza- Hope I gave you something to think about tonight!



1 comment:

  1. I hate myself - for many reasons... And i think i am not wrong in that coz people also hates me, so my attitude toward myself is right.

    ReplyDelete