Saturday 22 September 2012

GUESS WHAT?!

Thursday 20 September 2012
At the airport on arrival, taken by NQ.
Dearest reader, especially Anonymous and Kulka!
Guess what?!
I AM IN ERBIL. Yes, right now I am writing from my room in Erbil. I didn’t tell you that I was travelling because no one knew. I planned a surprise return.
Dad, mum and my brother were in the living room watching a movie when I walked in on them. Their reaction was beyond what words could explain. I arrived just over two weeks before the day they were expecting me. I had told them I had booked my ticket for the 30th when in reality it was booked for the 18th.  Thanks my dear friend NQ who waited for two hours in the airport for me to arrive then drove me home. If it wasn't for her all this could have not been planned.
To return home and know that this time I don't need to fear a day where I will leave everyone again feels good. The feeling is even better knowing that I am back home with a dream accomplished. The second day after my return I visited the NGO I used to work in, and I am planning to volunteer with them and do some projects related to the UNFPA with youth in Kurdistan until I find my dream job.
Yes. I am in search of a dream job.
Not a job where I will be behind a table and a chair doing paper work, because that's not me. But a job where I will make a difference. Yes I want to change lives. I want to touch lives. I want to see the result of my work right then and there. I want to leave behind foot steps.
Good night from my nest.
Saza – feels great to be home!

--
p.s. I wrote this entry two days back but didn't get a chance to post it.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're home safe Saza. I'm sure the looks on your family's faces were priceless. From what I have learnt of your personality from your blogs, opinion pieces, and book, I am sure you will be able to find your dream job where you make a real difference in people's lives, and I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :))) - Thats remindes me some three years ago i did the same to my mum - the difference was that she didnt know at all that i am coming from UK. And the second similiarity in us is that i also hate office work behind the desk/table. Thats why after finishing university as one of the best students (ok, i know how it sounds) - i always work with my hands till now, when i am just factory worker - its fully my choice. Plus i love the reaction of people who see me doing some jobs for unqualified people while they are aware that i have uni degree :) - also priceless :).
    Well - of course i envy you and give my big kiss to my lovely land and to my lovely city and to my favourite view from Qalla.
    I agree with heval Amicus that for sure you will find the job which will give you a lot of satisfaction.
    Hope to see you next year in Hewler :)
    Sarkawtn!

    ReplyDelete