Monday 10 September 2012

Done!

Dearest reader, thanks for being part of the journey till here....

That's it. Not much left. 
I am done. Finished. Probably in a day or two I will submit, minor tidy up to do. Had a little break but didn't manage to finish it off properly, tomorrow I see my supervisor. I guess he wants to say good bye and I want to say thank you. He has been great in the sense that he believed in me and in my subject. I will most probably submit the following day. Then it's time that  I do my bit of tourism in the UK before flying back home! Yes. One way ticket back to Kurdistan... Hawler. My luggage is already packed.

I was talking with some relatives earlier today, we were discussing the fact that when you set your mind to something you can achieve it. You certainly can. But what's more is that now that something great is achieved, now that an aim has been accomplished, I am looking for the next big aim, the next big dream. Is this how life is supposed to be? You put an aim, you reach it, then it is not enough so you set the bar at something else?

Is it because it is not enough and you want more, or is it that that's our nature? We always want to work towards something. I don't know what it is. But I know as I write these words I am relieved, finally, I have a piece of research that is purely mine. It might not change the world, it might not even be published, but it is mine, I wrote it and I worked on it. It feels great. 

Bye for now
Saza - I did it. 

5 comments:

  1. Piroz bet! Yes, its nice feeeling when you have a piece of your own work - long time ago i feel the same. Plus i was so proud when people who wrote their own dissertation used to reffer to mine :)
    What can i say: have a nice trip all over UK - If you plan to be in Birmingham/Wolver area - i am here - in case.
    What can i say more: its a very big luck to be back in Kurdistan - double luck if you going back to your home and family. I have to wait few months more to find a piece of mind and to stop the bleeding inside my heart in Kurdish mountains, Hewleri parks and Suly streets.
    But i cant agree that if you set your mind to something you will always achieve it - not always... I know that now, two weeks and 2 days i know that very well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kulka...
      There is a verse in the Qura'an that I always refer to, it says maybe sometimes you dislike something that happens in your life but in fact what you don't know is that this is actually good for you. So things come up in life and we might be frustrated, but in the long run we realise that they happened for a good reason! Don't be down. Look up high, and follow your dreams.

      Delete
    2. Although i dont know Quran at all - i always repeat to myself exactly that thing which you wrote - of course i know that everything happens for a reason. As i believe that Melek Tawus is taking care of me - i am sure he is choosing right path for me - even if at the first stage i may not agree with his choice.
      But its hard anyway - if you can guess what i mean...

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Saza. I look forward to reading about your next big goal and seeing you achieve it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amicus...
      I promise as long as I have you and Kulka reading my humble blog I will update of everything that's happening in life. I am looking for the next big goal, I think I know what it is going to be, but I need a little time to make sure that's what I want to do....
      Thank you for being part of the journey!!!!

      Delete