Wednesday 7 March 2012

Twansazi days


 looking at the wet dreams and breathing in the air
So many people ask me how my days are...

How am I doing? I often ask myself that exact same question. It is life, sometimes you are over the moon and other times glad that you're a girl and it is okay to cry a little bit. At times homesickness knocks at my door; I loose myself and begin imaging sitting in our family room with my parents, brother and maybe few relatives too.

Today was a typical day in my life in the UK as a Twanasazi. Woke up early in the morning, I must point out the only times when I wake up in the morning without pressing 'SNOOZE' ten times is when it's raining outside. This morning I didn't wake up to the sound of the alarm, but to the rain tapping at my window. Next to me were some beautiful flowers, curtains aside, opened the window and felt the drops in the palm of my hand, after a while they formed a little puddle. Breathing in and out in no time I was in my boots and downstairs.... began the morning with a walk under the rain.

I felt free, I felt light, I felt nothing in the world mattered right then and there, I felt my father walking beside me...

Sometimes I think if it wasn't for the view and the surrounding outside I couldn't have survived here, but it's this natural beauty, the lake view, the sun's colours in the sky everyday, the trees, and even the ducks (who I illegally feed from my window almost every morning) that make this place 'just right' for me to study in.

As deadlines are approaching long hours are spent in the library. I take enjoyment in my 3 minutes and 20-seconds walk to the library. When I am back my room is like a little Kurdistan, every corner of my wall reminds me of home.

Last year this time I would sit down and day dream of coming to the UK and studying. It was the family discussion almost everytime we were together, and all those who were close to me knew that I had this dream in my mind. Here I am today, living yesterday's dream. How funny, as I am living a dream, I begin to dream another dream... 

No comments:

Post a Comment