Friday 28 June 2013

.......

Dearest...

Today I was reading Khaled Hosseini's book, A Thousand Splendid Suns, I reached the point where Laila takes her daughter to the orphanage, not because she doesn't love her, but because she can no longer afford to feed her (and because of heartless what so called husband). I reached that page and immediately put the book down, got changed and went to a place in Erbil that houses many neglected children (I won't say an orphanage, because most of the kids there do have a living mother or father).

Half an hour after my visit I found myself sitting down surrounded by beautiful girls, some on the floor others on the sofa. Before I knew it, it became dark-- past their dinner time and almost my bed time-- while I wish I can share with you what took place this evening, I prefer to keep the stories to myself. Although, they were deep enough for me to walk at night alongside SK and speak non-stop.

Tonight,  I can't seem to sleep because.... I don't know because of what, but I know I take many things in my life for granted, I need to thank Allah more often and I must, under all circumstances, believe that if I can't change anything at least I know there is one thing I can give. And that is love...


Lots of Love
Saza - qurbant bm Daya gyan for everything that you have done for me. 

2 comments:

  1. These three things endure: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love.

    You're pretty great Saza. Keep doing what you can - I have no doubt that your heart and your skillset will put you in a position to make wide-ranging life-changing differences for those kids and many other neglected people in your city/province/country/region.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amicus, I am just reading the comments. Sorry and thanks!

      Delete