Sunday 10 March 2013

Made with Love

Respect.

Dear...

I wish I had an artistic talent, I wish my hands could dance on a piece of white paper and create a beautiful drawing. I wish I could make beautiful handmade things to give to the ones I love. Maybe I want to share my talent with others or use that talent to pass something meaningful to the world.

The highlight of my day was when MM and I discovered a beautiful young girl sitting on the street making beautiful bracelets and selling them. Her simplicity, passion, beauty and delicate personality made me love her art more.

My artist friends tell me too often that their art can't be sold and be equivalent to any amount of money, and I agree. Looking at the pieces with MM and deciding which one to purchase I was thinking to myself: "I wonder what she was thinking while making this piece... I wonder where she was...I wonder how it feels to spend hours on a little hand band or a necklace and then know it will be kept with  someone forever - it must be special, right?

The utmost respect to all those who make anything that is handmade. If you're ever thinking of a special gift? Well, something simple and handmade is definitely to tell that special someone they mean a lot to you.

Love
Saza - still in KL.
















4 comments:

  1. haha "I wish I had an artistic talent", says the published author. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amicus....
    Artistic talent to draw, paint, create things. Can never say I am a talented writer, I am just some one who loves to write.

    You're still anonymous, anonymously reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I bet your friends, talented as they are, would only ever say they drew, painted, and created because they loved doing so, not because they thought they were especially talented. As you yourself point out, I read your blog - words and images created by you - and I get enjoyment from it. I think the boldness required to put our creations on display - whatever they may be, and however flawed we might think they are - is the thing that really separates artists from non-artists. All creation - images, objects, words - is a reflection of our nature.
    I do understand what you mean though, especially given that I struggle to draw recognisable stick figures!

    And yes, I'm still anonymous, and at least for now it will stay that way! I tell you what though, if I ever happen to meet you I promise to tell you who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your writing style really enjoying this site. I agree with it " Well, something simple and handmade is definitely to tell that special someone they mean a lot to you". please visit my site tasbihcantik

    ReplyDelete